July 31st, 2012, 11:48 AM
Dirk Dashing 2 v1.01 is released!
I'm pleased to announce the release of v1.01 of Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye!
This update mainly fixes a number of bugs reported by players over the past few weeks. Changes include:
* Fixed: backspace key not working on Save Game slots and High Score table slots
* Fixed: delete key on MacBooks not working on Save Game slots and High Score table slots
* Fixed: on Save screen, keep previously selected level highlighted so you can just use Enter when returning to the Save screen and using keyboard navigation
* Fixed: incorrect state of alarm sound effects when restoring a game
* Fixed: glass break sound plays when you defeat the helicopter gunship, save game, and restore
* Fixed: wrong order of controls on the main menu when using the arrow keys to move up and down
* Fixed: Secured Area Bonus for Chapter 3-7 should be N/A, since enemies capture Dirk at the end
* Fixed: minor memory leak in helicopter gunship code
* Fixed: music sometimes ends abruptly in Chapter 3-6
* Fixed: activating super shoes or tux doesn't fill the countdown bar in the score box in the upper left corner of the screen
* Fixed: ambient lighting is not working in the last map of Chapter 3-4
* Fixed: misaligned texture in one of the rooms in Chapter 3-6
* Fixed: misplaced foreground tile in Chapter 4-5
* Added a nice 1-pixel outline to point values that float up after you pick up a CD, memory card, etc.
August 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Super, De Luxe, HURRRA!
But there is one q'tion: why always after update to new version all saved games/parts cannot be load to new version?
August 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Saved games from v1.0 should be compatible with v1.01. But saved games from beta releases are not compatible with v1.0 or v1.01 - that's because I had to change the version number on the saved game files when I released v1.0.