June 16th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Dirk Dashing 2 v0.9.2 is available!
I'm pleased to announce the release of Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye version 0.9.2!
With the release of v0.9.2, I've hit another major milestone: all of the game's levels are now finished! This update also includes more gameplay enhancements and bug fixes. If you want to see the full list of changes, trot on over to dirkdashing.com. But here are the highlights:
- All levels are now done, and are available in the full version beta when you pre-order!
- Added a new type of guard wearing riot gear. He has a shield to deflect Dirk's tranquilizer darts and a helmet to prevent Dirk from jumping on his head to knock him out. But he is still vulnerable from the rear (if you can sneak up behind him), and he can be put to sleep with stun gas grenades. This gives added purpose to the stealth tactics, and also provides a use for the gas grenades.
- Lots of adjustments to various E.V.I.L agents to help balance the game
- If you've turned off both music and sound, the screen will now flash red when the alarm goes off
- Lots of bug fixes and tweaks
If you haven't played the game in awhile, download the updated demo and give it a try!
And remember: if you pre-order before the June 30 release, you'll get a free copy of the planned $5 strategy guide (which will be available in August), containing level maps, hints, tricks, concept art, and more!