January 11th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I'm starting this thread so that we can share tips on how to use our forum. This forum has a lot of features built into it, and I'm still learning how to use it too. I know some of you have probably never used a forum before, so maybe these tips will help.
The first feature I would like to cover is the User Control Panel. Near the top of each forum page is a peach-colored bar with various options on it. The first option (for registered users) says "User CP". Clicking this will take you to the User Control Panel. The User Control Panel allows you to:
As you can see, there's a lot of stuff you can do with the User Control Panel. Have fun with it!
- Change your password or update your e-mail address
- Edit your user profile
- Set options like privacy and display settings
- Select an avatar (a picture to represent you, like the picture of Dirk that you see at the top of all my posts)
- Send/receive private messages to/from other forum members
- Add other forum members to your Buddy list